Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2023 00:13:58 +0100
From:      Alain Zscheile <zseri.devel+fbsd@ytrizja.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   13.2-BETA2: firefox now has massive amounts of rendering artifacts

Hi,

since the last update to 13.2-BETA2 (via freebsd-update) and drm-510-kmod (on i915)
I noticed that firefox has much more artifacts than usually on FreeBSD or Linux,
(I am already used to artifacts in browser windows, they seem to happen regardless
  of graphics chip, operating system, or web browser)
where almost the entire window gets corrupted instead of just singular rectangles.
On the other hand, it also seems that compared to previous artifacts, these get
corrected by damage proto handling (that is, moving the mouse across them almost
always fixes them). This still seems to be a regression, but sadly isn't really
reliably reproducible afaik.

uname:
FreeBSD [...] 13.2-BETA2 FreeBSD releng/13.2-n254478-065f7854521d GENERIC amd64
(ZFS root installation)

package versions:
drm-510-kmod-5.10.163_2
firefox-110.0_3,2
i3-4.22
xf86-video-vesa-2.5.0_1
xorg-server-21.1.4_1,1
xorgproto-2022.1

hardware:
Lenovo X131e, 4 GB RAM
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2367M CPU @ 1.40GHz (K8-class CPU
      Id=0x206a7 Family=0x6 Model=0x2a Stepping=7

GPU: [VGA compatible controller] Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor
   Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

[drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 2020917 for drmn0 on minor 0
start FB_INFO:
type=11 height=768 width=1366 depth=32
pbase=0xe0139000 vbase=0xfffff800e0139000
name=drmn0 flags=0x0 stride=5504 bpp=32
end FB_INFO

phenomena:
- web browsers have massive amount of window corruption / rendering artifacts
   (mostly missing text or single letters and random black rectangles)

there does not appear to be any logging into dmesg or console (firefox)
when that happens.

Regards and thanks in advance,
A. Zscheile