Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 12:09:03 -0500
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        mark@linus.demon.co.uk (Mark Valentine)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: integer divide fault in tcp_timers() - update

<<On Thu, 7 Dec 1995 23:10:29 +0000, mark@linus.demon.co.uk (Mark Valentine) said:

> I ran tcpdump, and on two runs I noticed that just before the panic,
> I'm sending out several duplicate acks in quick succession (within
> milliseconds of each other).  I append the tail end of what tcpdump
> managed to get to the disk before the crash, in case the prior
> context is useful, but what I'm seeing immediately before before the
> crash are transmitted packets of the form: ". ack 356 win 16384 (DF)",
> the same sequence number each time, a short burst of those, maybe one
> other packet logged on the console after those, and then it blows.

You might try compiling ip_icmp.c with the newly-added DEBUG_MTUDISC
(I think that's what I called it) option, to see what (if anything)
the ICMP side of the MTU discovery code is doing.  If we can narrow
down the cause somewhat, it would be of value.  A traceback might also
be interesting.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.