Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:12:40 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Curious...how often do *you* portupgrade(1) ?

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 05:08:00PM -0600, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wro=
te:
> Running a desktop box with a dialup PPP connection
> to the 'Net, my "portupgrade -aRr" tends to take a
> couple of days ....
>=20
> I'd taken to dealing with it once a month.
>=20
> It occurs to me that it might actually be less
> painful to do it more often ...
>=20
> What's your plan?

Keep an eye on changes to the ports collection and upgrade when needed
(security fixes, bug fixes, new version with new features in the
applications I use), and when safe (no reported instability).

Kris

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--