Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 05:00:19 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   brooktree 878 TV tuner issues

I'm wondering if anyone can give any advice on a
problem I'm having.
I just bought a brooktree 878 based card.
I have been unable to get video working under windows
2000.  The card detects OK and the utilities all load.
 I can hear the sound of the TV stations OK but I get
no picture.
I've configued FreeBSD 4.6R as appropriate (bptr).
I've tried using fxtv and xawtv but I also get no
video.
After doing some seaching on google groups I
determined it may be my video card that its the
problem (TNT 2 Ultra).
To test this I installed the TV tuner into another
machine at work (IBM P4) running Windows 2000.  The TV
tuner works fine (I get picture and sound).  This
machine had an Nvidia Vanta video card in it.  I then
moved the vanta card to my machine and fired up X
under FreeBSD (uses the nv driver same as my TNT2).
Same story - no picture only sound.  I then booted my
machine (still with the Vanta card installed) into
windows 2000 and tried the TV app under it.  Still no
picture.  I then updated to the latest 'Detonator'
driver from the Nvidia site.  This made no difference.
I then proceded to update the BIOS on my system to the
latest one I could find.  Still no difference.
More hunting on Google found a post form someone who
mentioend that they had a Brooktree 878 based card
working fine under an Abit BP6 (same board as mine).
I don't know where to go from here.

Thanks,
PJ

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To