Date:      Wed, 26 May 2004 20:36:45 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gerald <gcoon@inch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Dell 2650 notes from the field?

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

On 2004.05.26 13:39:21 -0400, Gerald wrote:

> I'm setting up FreeBSD on a few dual Xeon Dell 2650s to be deployed soon.
> I can make do with a single proc until FreeBSD has more mature SMP
> ability. I'm actually going to roll it out as a 4.8 box and upgrade to 4.9

I have been using FreeBSD SMP for several years and it has been working
just fine.

> Does anyone have any pointers about FreeBSD + or - SMP on these
> Poweredge 2650's under a decent load? I saw one post where someone

Why don't you just test them and simulate some heavy load?

I have used a few of those for the last couple of months and they have
worked without any problems, but they have been under "light-medium"
load.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team