Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 21:38:31 -0500
From:      "Bradley Dunn" <dunn@dunn.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ahhhhhhhhhh!

While following this thread, an idea popped into my mind. The Apache
developers list is summarized every week by UK Web. See:
http://www.ukweb.com/support/apacheweek/
Maybe we could round up some volunteers to summarize the major lists
(hackers,current,stable,questions,security) and post the summaries
weekly on the web. This, of course, doesn't eliminate the
cross-posting or dead horse threads. It also precludes any
interaction in the discussions by someone who just reads the
summaries. Yet it would provide a valuable service for many of the
people on these lists, I think. Most of us just sit back and watch
the majority of the time. I would be willing to handle one of the
lists. Comments?

On 11 Jun 96 at 0:10, Khetan Gajjar wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Darren Davis wrote:
>
> >There is too much noise, I think I need a straight jacket!
>
> I agree. Any reason to cross post to hackers and stable ? My reply
> is cross-posted to give stable something else to mutter about
> besides paying for stable ;-)
>
> >I came back to my email from the weekend, and I had over 400
> >hundred emails.
>
> You can filter it in a) your mail program or b) a external filter
> program. I can only comment on Pine (yes, there is at least *one*
> person using Pine ;-) - the latest (3.93) has built in filtering,
> although I don't know how good it is - I don't use it.
>
> I use procmail (procmail-3.11p4) which is in the ports
> (/usr/ports/mail/procmail) to filter mail for myself and my root
> user.

Bradley Dunn <dunn@dunn.org>   HarborCom
You were expecting a witty saying?