Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:10:11 -0400
From:      "David S. Jackson" <deepbsd@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make installworld fails

On make installworld after make installkernel (GENERIC) and successful
reboot, the error is

install -c -o root -g wheel -m 644 ipfilter/Makefile
/usr/share/examples/ipfilter/Makefile
install: /usr/share/examples/ipfilter/Makefile: No such file or
directory
*** Error code 71
Stop in /usr/src/share/examples.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src/share.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src.

There's no record in my "script" file of anything not being installed.
No error there, except when I went make installkernel, there wasn't
enough room on /.  I removed modules.old and went make installkernel
again, rebooted into single user, all wes well.  in short, I don't see
how the above problem could have happened, except if it's a known
problem on STABLE.  Read UPDATING, nothing applies to this.  Searched
google, apparently nothing on 4.5-STABLE recently.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TIA

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net