Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:49:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with ftp

Usually, this happens to you when you are not su'ed to root
and you are trying to ftp files into the /usr/ports
directories.  If you'll check your perms, you'll see
/usr/ports is 755.  THe permission denied error comes from
ftp not being able to create the file in the current
directory you are attempting to download into.

The way to resolve this is to su to root and then try to
make the port.

Been There, Done That...

*Gene Harris      http://www.tetronsoftware.com*
*FreeBSD Novice                                *