Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 1998 12:29:18 +0200
From:      Ian Freislich <iang@iafrica.com>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Audio using haupauge wintv card

Eivind Eklund wrote:
> What I'd do to attempt to make the sound work is change the audio MUX
> values for your card.  The values from 0 to 0xf is in use; one of them
> should give you sound.

Call me stupid. I presume you mean in /usr/src/sys/pci/brooktree848.c
and these lines:
        /* CARD_HAUPPAUGE */
        { "Hauppauge WinCast/TV",               /* the 'name' */
           NULL,                                /* the tuner */
           0,                                   /* dbx is optional */
           0,
           PFC8582_WADDR,                       /* EEProm type */
           (u_char)(256 / EEPROMBLOCKSIZE),     /* 256 bytes */
           { 0x00, 0x02, 0x01, 0x01, 1 } },     /* audio MUX values */

Can you give me some idea of what each of these numbers is so that
I can make intelligent guesses.

> Then we'll have to make a new probe for your card, to distinguish it
> from the earlier cards...

I'll give you the new values when I've found one that works.

--
Ian Freislich
UUNET Internet Africa