Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2019 07:55:55 +0100
From:      Gerrit =?UTF-8?B?S8O8aG4=?= <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de>
To:        Adam <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD X11 <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: more drm-fbsd-12.0 trouble

Am Thu, 12 Dec 2019 10:46:36 -0600
schrieb Adam <amvandemore@gmail.com>:

> > Dec 12 16:41:42 beastie kernel: KLD i915kms.ko: depends on drmn - not
> > available or version mismatch
> > Dec 12 16:41:42 beastie kernel:
> > linker_load_file: /boot/modules/i915kms.ko
> > - unsupported file type

> Is the freebsd source version the same as the installed kernel?

Yes, I definitely checked out 12.1-REL for this.
However, this morning things "magically" started to work. I had the
machine turned off over the weekend, so my best guess here is that
rebooting has done the trick. Maybe I didn't try that last week (why would
one bother to boot a FreeBSD machine ;-), and the system was somehow
unhappy after trying to load/unload different modules (packaged vs. built)
a couple of times during the whole process.

cu
  Gerrit