Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:16:54 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        ulf@Alameda.net
Cc:        adrian@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxp driver causing lockup

Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 04:22:07PM +0800, adrian@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> >
> > Ditto here.
> > I found the loop, then found DG had commited a patch to the if_fxp.c
> > driver to fix it.
> >
> > The problem exists in 3.1-RELEASE too - apply the patch, and it will work
> > fine.
>
> It is not in the SNAP from yesterday yet, so I looked around. Found
> the BIOS setting, worked like a charm then.

Actually, I commited the patch to -CURRENT a week ago last Friday.
David said wait a week before committing it to -STABLE, and I got
busy over the weekend.  I committed it to -STABLE last night, so it'll
be in your next update.

All the feedback I've gotten in the last 10 days has been positive,
so now I'm just waiting for the kvetching to start pouring in...

;^)