Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:45:01 -0400
From:      mike tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Cassiano Peixoto <peixotocassiano@gmail.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zpool doesn't boot anymore after FreeBSD 12.1

Just a guess, Is your VM still trying to boot from whatever gpt/disk0 is
? Or is it perhaps trying to boot from da1 or da2 which does not have
boot info ?  Generally its not recommended to use the entire disk as
part of a pool. Create a partition scheme first

gpart create -s gpt da1

gpart add -t freebsd-zfs da1

then add da1p1 to the pool

    ---Mike