Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:45:56 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        Tomaz Izanc <tomaz@it-t.si>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kern.securelevel

Hi there,

If you want to make your securelevel -1 then your line must look like
this in /etc/rc.conf

kern_securelevel="-1"

You then have to reboot as you can't go down a securelevel while a
machine is already at a higher level.  You will then be able to change
the immutable flag on the kernel.  :)

See the man page for init(8) which can provide you with more info.

Cheers,
Marc