Date:      Sun, 01 Sep 2002 09:13:44 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>, Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
> Dave Hayes wrote:
>> Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
>> > But it's a much less useful example for the purposes of this
>> > discussion, since once the prject started building on the atol
>> > to the point that it had something sticking out of the water
>> > full time, the United States Government paid the Tongan Navy
>> > to sail out and plant the Tongan flag on it, claiming the
>> > land for Tonga.
>>
>> This does expose the fallacy of the assertion to "go find an
>> island somewhere if you don't like it"...by -your- own rules
>> even. ;)
>
> Not really; it just changes the order of purchase for the items
> you put on your shopping list.

There's a case of rapidly diminishing space on this planet for the
people that are on it. I'd say that existing "societies" are aware of
this fact, and use that as a justifier to make sure that no one
can go find their own island.

> I presume you know "The Barometer Story"?

You'd be presuming wrong.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

The universal body of reality is so subtle that you do not
hear it when you deliberately listen for it, and you do not
see it when you look at it. As for the pure knowledge that
has no teacher, how can it be attained by thought or study?