Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2008 22:57:00 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Christoph Mallon <christoph.mallon@gmx.de>
Subject:   Re: New C compiler and analyzer lang/cparser in ports

On Thursday 27 November 2008 21:39:45 Christoph Mallon wrote:
> A few days ago libFIRM[1] and cparser were added to the ports tree. If
> you want to see, what other compilers besides GCC have to offer, this
> might be of interest for you. libFIRM is a modern optimizing
> intermediate representation (IR) library. cparser is a C compiler
> providing many useful warnings and uses libFIRM for optimization and
> code generation.

Nice stuff!  I remember from a practical work with libFIRM that it is quite
pleasant to work with (though there is a bit of a learning curve).

How are the chances of this code staying under GPL2?  I suppose there is no
chance to get it dual-licensed under BSDL as well?

In addition, how much work is it to build missing backends?  It seems like
there is no amd64 or sparc support at the moment?