Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 17:29:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Viren R.Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Ian Cartwright <ICartwright@IT.RJF.com>
Subject:   Re:cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ida ida_eisa.c

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Viren R.Shah wrote:
> If you will tell me how. Can I just compile in DDB without building
> the kernel with debug enabled? If so, that should work (I'm currently
> gzipping the kernel onto the kern.flp floppy, and booting off of it.).

options         DDB

In your kernel config file.

You usually don't boot your debug kernels btw.  Boot the stripped debug
kernel.

I doubt you can get a crashdump since your're booting from a floppy.  :)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |