Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:06:12 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: proc-args (M_PARGS) leakage

On 2002-Jun-17 23:17:21 +1000, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> wrote:
>sendmail was just doing setproctitle() to usually the same value every
>few seconds.  Doing sysproctitle() in a loop exhausts kernel memory in a
>few minutes (it should only take a few seconds, but bot the user and
>kernel parts of setproctitle() are slow).

Thanks for that.  I'd totally missed that and thought the problem
was in the process cleanup code (exit1() and wait1()).

>The following patch seems to fix all the bugs that I noticed except minor
>style bugs.  It was tested mainly with setproctitle() in a loop.

It got mangled on the way here but after cleaning it up and applying
it, a short check suggests it fixes my problem (though there seem to
be other un-related problems with -CURRENT just now).

Peter