Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:44:32 +2
From:      "Irvine Short" <ishort@pcm.co.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tape Backup Program

Hi All

Is there a nice user friendly backup program available for freebsd?
ie One that has a nice menu etc, rather than using tar or cpio etc
which as an immigrant from OS/2, NT, Netware etc I find a bit hair
raising, if effective.

Someone from the Linux world spoke of Taper, a Norton Backup clone
for Linux which incoporates compression etc. It also apparently keeps
an index of the files on a tape allowing for fast location of an
individual file.

I installed and compiled Amanda, but cannot find the INSTALL
document. Is there a step by step guide to using it, or an FAQ?

Regards,

Irvine Short

http://www.pcm.co.za/homepage/ishort/irv_home.html

     Technical Support
     Professional Computer Manufacturers
     Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: ++27-21-235084         Fax ++27-21-235089