Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:49:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      darren780@yahoo.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/17921: licq in the ports collection is missing a dependancy

>Number:         17921
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       licq in the ports collection is missing a dependancy
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD tzeench.dhs.org 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Apr  9 20:23:31 MDT 2000     root@tzeench.edlo1.ab.wave.home.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

quite simple.  install a basic x11 without a window manager, or with it's default.  or even with kde
try to run licq and it crashes.  I started playing around with other managers.  such as gnome and windowmaker.   out of the blue licq works.  I figured it was a broken port.
I'm guessing it might be dependant upon windowmaker or gnome but I know it was a networking problem
"the program launched ok, but when I clicked to go "online", it crashed with a core dump"
I guess figure out it's missing dependancy...as for me right now licq works great and I won't have any further problems.

>How-To-Repeat:
install a basic system with no window manager or whatever it defaults to.
install licq out of the ports.
you won't be able to log onto the mirabilis network, it'll crash with a core dump
>Fix:
it's missing a dependancy...might be gnome or windowmaker but I don't think these window managers affect networking.