Date:      Fri, 26 May 2017 11:12:48 -0700
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (head users) 64-bit inodes: Packages heads up and Poudriere errors

--TJbc8Ih6ujQfuI4kQNuXoOhaAM10LGf9g
From: Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To: current@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: (head users) 64-bit inodes: Packages heads up and Poudriere
 errors

--fjOOUqulmcNKeEdl94ATvRi8ErUwUdJs4

On 5/26/2017 8:20 AM, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> For those running FreeBSD head, the ABI was majorly changed in r318736
> for 64-bit inodes.  This change was *backwards compatible* but not
> *forward compatible*.  This is normal and expected.
>=20
> For Pkg users:
>=20
> You are advised to upgrade your system past r318736 soon or avoid using=

> official packages until you do.  Portmgr may upgrade the package
> builders at any time and without much notice.

I had forgotten a detail here.  The package builds are all automated.
The source jails are automatically updated before a build.  The package
builder's kernel doesn't matter here.  So head package builds _will_ be
ABI broken for systems older than r318736 either now or in the next day
or two once the builds finish and upload to the mirrors.

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery