Date:      Sat, 20 May 95 18:01:16 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        brian@mediacity.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: linking kernel... *** signal 11

> > I'm building a kernel with a device driver from a third party company.
>
> > Building everything without the third party driver produces a usable kernel.
>
> > Build everything with the third party driver and during the link
> > I get (with ld -t):
>
> One part of the third party driver is in object format.  That module
> is what is blowing up the linker.  I've forwarded the information
> to the third party driver developer.

I'm betting object module changes.

Try enforcing short name support by putting it in an an archive and
ranlibbing it with a short symbol name.

This may mean you need to take external references and change them for
the shorter name.

Other than that, I think you could only win by contacting the author.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.