Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:44:30 +0100
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@siemens.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>, "Albsmeier, Andre" <andre.albsmeier@siemens.com>, "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Patch] Reflect state of rfkill switch in a sysctl for ath based card

On Tue, 13-Mar-2012 at 18:30:04 +0100, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 13 March 2012 04:11, Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@siemens.com> wrote:
>
> >> Would you please create a PR and let me know what the PR number is?
> >
> > Well, there is a high probability that it might not work on
> > non-5212 cards end even here it might fail (I can just test
> > it with this Wistron CM9 card). Maybe someone with more
> > knowledge about ath(4) (Sam?) might have quick look at it
> > before...
>
> Oh, I'm the ath(4) maintainer now and I'm pretty cluey in this area.

Ah, I didn't know that. I hope you didn't refer my statement
about "someone with more knowledge about ath" to you -- it
was just meant to express my poor overall knowledge of this
driver ;-)

> The AR5416 and later NICs have a similar looking GPIO rfkill setup but
> the code isn't yet in the FreeBSD HAL.
> I have it though, I just haven't ported it from the Atheros reference driver.
>
> I'd prefer the rfkill method to be a HAL call, rather than assuming
> it's a GPIO line. (I mean, it _is_ a GPIO line, but still.) In any

I although thought about making it a HALL call but I first
wanted to make sure it works at all. And so it stayed like
this ;-)

> case, please create a PR for it now and we'll get it into -HEAD once

OK: kern/166086

> I've merged in rfkill support for the AR5416 and later NICs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adrian
> (I work at Atheros now, so..)

That's good news!