Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:44:22 -0800
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange fsck behavior

--=-A4oQPiA7L3dYiQIO+oO2

On the occasional crash, by system reboots and goes into background
checking of my software raid:

ar0: 117246MB <ATA RAID1 array> [14946/255/63] status: READY subdisks:
 disk0 READY on ad0 at ata0-master
 disk1 READY on ad1 at ata0-slave

It would appear to complete correctly, but the next time I reboot
(cleanly) it does a complete check.  Never finds anything wrong, but
takes forever.  It also sometimes doesn't see things on the disk
correctly until I do the reboot.  It would seem that it gets into a
peculiar state after completing the background fsck.

Cheers,
Sean

--=-A4oQPiA7L3dYiQIO+oO2

--=-A4oQPiA7L3dYiQIO+oO2--