Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 01:04:00 -0500
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@vsservices.com>
To:        "Weier, Paul" <paul@ibsys.com>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DBD::Oracle

On Thursday 27 September 2001 17:21, Weier, Paul wrote:
--SNIP--
> SQLPlus works fine with the Linux oracle client...and am able to contact
> the listener on the oracle server.  We have tested perl and it seems to
> work fine.
> DBI installed without a hitch.  I am getting really beat up trying to get
> DBD::Oracle to install however.
--SNIP--

I'm willing to bet the problem lies in the simple fact that the Perl bin is
FreeBSD and the Oracle lib is Linux.

If you were running a Linux perl it might just compile.  I don't know how
hard this would be.

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek