Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:19:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      "A.G. Russell IV" <arussell@bifrost.agrknives.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems installing (cd/diskette boot) 3.X on Boardrunner mvp3/586b

Hi, I have several machines running 3.2/2.2.8/2.2.5 so on, and
theses  systems have Asus and Boardrunner mother boards.
I have a 2.2.8 system with a Boardrunner mvp3/586b mother board
IDE 4gig, 128 meg of mem, S3 Virge vid. and it will not boot
FreeBSD 3.X from the floppy/cdrom.  FreeBSD 2.2.X, and
Linux/dos/windoze(nt/98/95) will all boot from the floppy/cdrom,
but not FreeBSD 3.X.  Looking back, this appears to be my first
Boardrunner going to 3.X.

I'm comfortable with doing an update, except that if I have to
emergency recover the system, then I am stuck.  I have not yet
tried the update.

I have experimented extensively with the BIOS, and have updated to the
latest version, still no joy.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

A.G.
A.G. Russell IV  KC5KFD        High Order Software        e-mail:   ag4@hos.net
Phone 512-834-1145
          These are my views, on anyone else they would look silly.
       When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed by tomorrow...
                          United States Marine Corps