Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:22:33 +0200
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Please backout the recent locale change

hi,

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 07:28:10PM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:

>   I realize you have good intentions but this change was way too
> intrusive for -STABLE, much less during a code freeze.  This commit
> was not approved (though I do realize there was a miscommunication
> involved), nor would it have been approved under any circumstances
> during the freeze.  Please backout your recent changes.  Once your
> backout is complete, we will build and release RC1.  Thanks.

Since we have a problems with *.EUC locales only -- should I backout only
this part of change ? I would disagree with backing out of ISO_ and DIS_
to ISO renames because it would cause problems for European users (due to
starting of Euro usage).

Also there's possible option to mention that usage of *.eucXX locale is
prohibited (full compatiblity with *.EUC is preserved now). Mention that
eucXX locales are not fully supported now may be enough, but developers
should decide.

So, please decide should we make administrative decision or spam source
tree with same changes ? Anyway, I am ready to backout eucXX changes
tommorow morning.