Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 04:58:20 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        'Owl' <acerbicowl@home.com>, freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: HELP PLEASE :)

I'm no expert but the "ln" is the link command (man ln).  A link is like a
Windows shortcut in that it's a file that points to another file.  I suspect
that a link exists that the process is trying to create.  Because it exists,
the link can't be created and the build fails.

So what you need to do is try to figure out what link it's trying to create
and then delete it.  Or to be safer, rename it to something temporarily so
that you can put it back if needed.  If you do a ls -l on a directory, you
can identify links.  Here's an example:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       11 Sep 20 10:32 sys -> usr/src/sys

The "l" in the first position indicates that this file is a link.  This
particular link points /sys to usr/src/sys as indicated on the right.

Good Luck!

Drew

[...]