Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 19:03:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Font <font@Mcs.Net>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Steve Marmer <ids@interlog.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot do sound and printing at same time

If the printer has a parallel interface on lptx, maybe it's possible to
print and do sound at the same time by using lptcontrol to change the
printer from interrupt-driven to polled.  I'm not sure at what point
during bootup one needs to do this, but presumably it's before sounds
play, and before anything is spooled.  Drop a command into rc.local and
try it out.  :-)  (Changing to polled also solved my recent problem
printing to a Panasonic KX-P4400.)

A bug in my MUA causes news.announce.newusers                            font
to be sent to beneficiaries and senders of UCE/SPAM.                        @
                                                                      mcs.net
Wishes are like dishes.