Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 22:28:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith), freebsd-platforms@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel layout reshuffle (Was: Re: FAQ?)

Terry Lambert writes:
> FreeBSD needs to let Richard Wackerbarth's ideas be implemented,
> even if Richard isn't the person who does it.  Among other things.
>
> It would be nice if the structure of the source tree did not
> actively oppose porting to other platforms.  For instance, it would
> be nice to have:

That has nothing to do with Richard's proposals.  Terry, I find it
*really* annoying when you exaggerate peoples ideas and somewho
shoe-horn them into your 'grand scheme' for unifying the world.  You've
done this with my work somehow making the PCCARD patches the salvation
to autoconfiguration, you're doing it with Richard's (which is/was keep
the build tree only dependant on the sources in the build tree, which
may in fact break multi-platform support), and many others projects.

Exagerrating the significance of things only makes you look silly, and
angers me because it makes the developers who don't 'INTEGRATE THESE
OBVIOUS GOOD THINGS' look petty and foolish, which in fact you are for
implying this.

Grow up and act professionally, and not like someone whose not allowed
to play with someone else's toys and mopes in a corner,

Nate