Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:07:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bmake/contrib framework for egcs

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:

> Thanks, I'll try, but what I mean is egcs compiled binaries are bigger
> even for C, not C++, and as if memory serves -Os is -O2 subset. So
> probably I'll just have to accept this increase in binaries size :-(. Ah
> well, it ain't all that much, anyway.

-Os is a subset of -O2, which enables everything that won't increase the
size of a binary.  However, I don't know about rtti, but IIRC exception
handling code (or perhaps stubs thereof) are included even in C code, just
incase.  Perhaps jdp can shed some more light on this (he's been a very
useful resource to me in the past).

> Oh, incidentally, I forgot to add that (when compiling libstdc++ with new
> c++ for the first time, it can't find file exception. So perhaps in
> gnu/lib/libstdc++/Makefile this part of CFLAGS shoild be
> -I${EGCSDIR}/gcc/cp/inc rather than -I${EGCSDIR}/gcc/cp/inc/exception
> (after all, ${EGCSDIR}/gcc/cp/inc/exception is a file).

- alex