Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:52:02 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Arun Sharma <arun.sharma@intel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Data corruption with SMP kernels ?

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 02:45:51PM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:

> Yes, I know - SMP kernels are unsupported :) I was just wondering if
> these problems are known and/or fixed in the development kernels that
> were talked about on this list recently.

No, not yet. There's just too much to do right now. For one thing:
we cannot get to single-user or multi-user under ski. The init(1)
process is started and I think it goes as far as starting sh(1),
but eventually none of the processes gets scheduled and the idle
loop just runs happily ever after...
Once we've got that fixed, I can work on the SMP case under ski.
I have a SMP capable ski ready to go for this.

> This one is a 2 cpu Itanium box. Interestingly, the box never panics
> outright.

Yes. So far it seems we corrupt processes only...