Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 09:43:45 +0100
From:      John Gray <jgray@airtel-atn.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jgray@airtel-atn.com
Subject:   Static routing only - no ICMP redirects

Is there a way to prevent a machine generating icmp_redirects, actually
stop it running icmp altogether.
I have tried the ICMP_DROP_REDIRECT ="YES" in /etc/rc.conf. This I think

affects action on incoming redirects, but does not prevent generation of

redirects .

For example, on Solaris there is a file called in.rdisc which can be
renamed to prevent it being run at startup,  reboot and you get static
routing only on that machine. I am looking for some equivelent on
FreeBSD.

Any help very welcome

John