Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:53:17 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: eclipse-3.1_2 (missing library `swt-mozilla-gtk'?)

Eric Eide wrote:
> "Panagiotis" == Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr> writes:
>
> 	>> Unhandled event loop exception
> 	>> Reason:
> 	>> No more handles (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
> 	>> swt-mozilla-gtk-3138 in java.library.path)
>
> 	Panagiotis> Did you build the port with WITHOUT_MOZILLA defined? That
> 	Panagiotis> could explain it.
>
> I passed your question along to the person who actually installed the Eclipse
> 3.1_2 port at my site, and he replied:
>
> 	"I didn't enable this specifically, and it isn't in /etc/make.conf, so
> 	this must not be the issue.  Maybe we NEED to define WITHOUT_MOZILLA
> 	(?)."
>
> Eric.

If you define WITHOUT_MOZILLA you get no dependency on mozilla/firefox
and you have no internal browser swt widget. If you have firefox
installed, you could define WITH_MOZILLA=firefox and build eclipse. This
should create the libswt-mozilla-gtk-3139.so library. The default build
expects to find mozilla installed and if not, it installs it for you.

Another thought came to me though, how do you start eclipse? You are
supposed to use /usr/local/bin/eclipse, not /usr/local/eclipse/eclipse.

Cheers,

Panagiotis