Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 2002 13:00:40 +0900
From:      Cyril Niklaus <cynik@gmx.co.uk>
To:        jims@innerdot.com (Jim Spring)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pccard recognition, irqs, and winmodems

Hi all,
On Dimanche, juin 30, 2002, at 07:14 , Jim Spring wrote:

> First, why is it that no matter what configuration setting I use
> in pccard.conf, the device inserted (both an orinoco wifi card and
> this winmodem) insists on taking over IRQ 11.  The irq line in the
> pccard.conf file lists IRQ 3 5 9 10, for instance.  11 is not present,
> yet it is acquired.  I tried using pccardd manualling with the -i,
> and -I flags, still it grabbed 11.

Have you tried giving your kernel these boot arguments:
cyril@wizard:~$ cat /boot/loader.conf
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- #
userconfig_script_load="YES"
hw.pcic.intr_path=1
hw.pcic.irq=0

I had a similar problem as yours, preventing me from doing a web install
(had to do a floppy based install...) until I learnt that one can give
these arguments at boot time as well.
Cyril