Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:40:08 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        portmgr@FreeBSD.org, re@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Need to use a different INDEX for 5.0

Many ports (especially those that use perl) have a different list of
dependencies when run on 4.x and 5.x, and this needs to be reflected
accurately in the INDEX file used.  This is something that must be
fixed before 5.0-R (and probably before 5.0-DP2, which is already
late).

I'm going to add a /usr/ports/INDEX-5 to support this (with associated
bsd.port.mk changes).  I don't think this should affect packages (or
sysinstall) since that will use whatever INDEX file is distributed
with the package sets (and those are freshly-generated by the package
builds and therefore always correct no matter what).

I hope to get to this over the weekend, but if someone else can submit
a patch it will help me.

Kris