Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Reiter <s467338@gettysburg.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   copyin() return val 14 (EINVAL).

Hi,

I semi-talked with Alfred Perlstein about this on IRC.... I keep getting a
return value of 14 (EINVAL) when I call copyin().  While issue may be my
fault, that is not the issue... the issue is that atleast in the main
page, it's undocumented.  After randomly finding a man page in digital
unix (iirc), I remember it stating that when EINVAL is returned it means
that the userland pointer that is passed to copyin() is invalid, or..
(forgive me for lack of remembering) "something" does not have rights to
access "something."   Sorry for the ambiguity on the latter.

Anyway, Im not sure if that was just a mistake on not including it in the
man page, or whether Im missing something.

Also, Im wondering anyone would like to take a stab at why exactly Im
always getting EINVAL... no matter what I do in the code.  If you'd like
to help, just drop me a line and I'll send you source.

Thanks,

Andrew