Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 23:27:23 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Application and command names in <title> elements

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:44:45PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:22:55PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> > I've been taking a high level look at getting all the <title> elements in
> > the handbook ready for the 3rd edition (well, glimpse has been doing all
> > the hard work so far), and I'm very tempted to religiously wrap all application
> > and command names in the appropriate markup.

I think that is a good idea.  We talked of doing this during the 2nd
edition work but I'm not sure if we never got around to it, or if we
made a sweep but now things have slowly drifted back or what.  In any
case, it's a good thing from a high level perspective because "super
XML-tools and search engines yet to be written" can give better
results with more descriptive title names.

As long as it's not a big aesthetic step backwards in the mean time,
I'm all for it.  And even if it is a big aesthetic step backwards, we
can easily ignore the offending tags when enclosed in <title> via
freebsd.dsl.

      - Murray

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--