Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 1995 22:16:23 -0800
From:      rsoles@SIRIUS.COM (Roger L Soles)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PAS16

I had a little free time last night, so I decided to get my
PAS16 working with FreeBSD Current...

I edited my configuration file (GATEKEEPER) and added the following:

        options         AUDIO_PAS
        options         AUDIO_SB
        options         "AUDIO_YM3812"

        device          snd3 at isa? port 0x388 irq 12 drq 7 vector pasintr
        device          snd2 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7  drq 1 vecotr sbintr
        device          snd1 at isa? port 0x38a

Then I attempted a compile, and got the error that "gus_write8" was not
defined...

After a little investigating, the modules sound_timer.c references
gus_write8 (which requires gus_wave.c and gus_hw.h minimally) in order
to be able to do an indirected OUT to the timer control port -- even
though sound_timer.c is for both the GUS and the PAS, it's hardwired to
use GUS...

Looks like a problem, since even if I were to include the GUS driver
(which I really don't want to do), the gus_write8 will reference the
base io address of the GUS... not the PAS...

Suggestions???

Also, sound.doc is adequate to get one started, but a little more
documentation on install sound drivers would be a plus... and maybe
a FAQ... and what about test files?
// Roger L Soles
// PO Box 280785
// San Francisco, CA  94124-0785