Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 1997 11:35:13 +0600 (ESD)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NPX old bug

Hi!

I've discovered an interesting bug in `npx' driver in an old
version (2.2-SNAP of spring 1996). When it is the last device
that adds its kdc_* information at boot time and then
later some device tries to add it information when the
system is running (for example in result of `scsi -p' command)
it remaps the npx driver code to some empty page.

After I found this reason of panic I checked -current and
found that npx just has no kdc_* structure anymore ! Did
someone else found these panics before me or is it
just a coincidence ? In the last case I think the bug
may reappear in some other driver.

-SB

P.S. I've found that `vtophys' is worth adding it to DDB. The
addition is very simple. Does anyone from the core team think
that it's worth too ?