Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 1995 13:40:39 +0100 (MET)
From:      markh@win.tue.nl (Mark Huizer)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NFS - trouble

On the computer system of our computer society, we have a config with a
486 fileserver (FreeBSD 2.1.0 Dev) en two login clients 486, FreeBSD
2.1.0

The two login machines have some 6 disks mounted from the server over a
dedicated link. The problem is that we have the biggest trouble to keep
it running for a longer period of time. Mounted filesystems can no
longer be reached, machines crash, commands (e.g. copying from one
NFS-fs to another NFS-fs hang the process) hang forever etc...

Does anyone have any experience with this configuration running?

Does anyone know of trouble with NFS on FreeBSD?

Greetings,

Mark Huizer
markh@stack.urc.tue.nl