Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 1995 18:56:44 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Clay D. Hopperdietzel" <hoppy@appsmiths.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   more 2.0-950202 build fun

<<On Tue, 7 Feb 1995 17:13:30 -0600 (CST), "Clay D. Hopperdietzel" <hoppy@appsmiths.com> said:

> /u2/freebsd200/950202/src/usr.bin/tn3270/tn3270/../tools/mkastosc/obj/mkastosc: not found

Looks like you forgot to fo a `make obj'.

> ===> usr.sbin/lsdev
> cc -O2 -I/u2/freebsd200/950202/src/usr.sbin/lsdev/../../sys   -c i386.c

You definitely forgot to do a `make obj'.

> Also, and I've had this trouble since I first started with 2.X, is that
> while in X11, I eventually get some processes to keel over in such
> a way as I have to reboot the system to shake them.  In this particular
> case, I folded up 'X11' and did a 'kill 1' to get back to '-s' mode:

Use `shutdown'.

> I've observed that once you reach this point, you cannot start anymore
> X11 based things (like xterms) but can use windows which are still
> alive.

I have noticed this sort of problem in older code, but I has not
happened to me since I recompiled the kernel from yesterday's sources.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.