Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 22:11:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Murray <jmurray@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Real Audio 3.0 Beta 2

I don'r if has been mentioned here or not, but here it goes
anyway. After soem of my favorite RealAudio sites went to only serving
3.0 streams.  So after looking on realaudio's home page and seeing
there is no 3 version of the player for freebsd yet.  But they have a
linux version, both a.out and elf.  I got both and tryed them out on
my 2.2-961006-SNAP machine and they both work.  The a.out complians
about libary versions and that some of my X libs are the worng
format(which they are).  The elf version gave one lib error which I
fixxed with a symlink, it wanted libg++.so.27, i think. Plus for each
realaudio clip there are about 2-3 ioctl errors given but I don't have
handy right now.  But it seems to work.

Just think you all would like to know about this.

--
John Murray -=- jmurray@vt.edu johns@tmbg.org -=- http://acm.vt.edu/~jmurray
New Music by They Might Be Giants! ->http://jmurray.campus.vt.edu/tmbg/