Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:35:12 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>, Raul <raul@b2n.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with 7.2, vm_page_insert: page already inserted

At 08:30 PM 4/11/2009, Ken Smith wrote:
>On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 02:04 +0200, Raul wrote:
> > I've rebuilt all ports twice without a glitch, except isc-dhcp30-server
> > but that's another story. Can this double rebuilt help somehow with that
> > sort of error?. I'm still out of ideas ...
>
>If the double rebuild did help somehow it's still an issue that would
>need to be addressed.  Stuff user-level does shouldn't cause the kernel
>to panic - that's never a good thing.
>
>You're the second one to report this panic so it's caught our notice as
>something to watch over.  One report of a panic like this is potentially
>issues with memory errors or any number of other possibilities given
>this area of code but more than that deserves us paying more attention
>to it.
>
>Mike, you were the first to report this - have you had recurrences?

Hi Ken,
         I have not see it again.  I am wondering if it was an issue
of not having swap.  It happened last weekend when some level 0 dumps
over nfs are run, so its possible too much demand on memory and 'bad
things' started to happen. I have since enabled swap and no issues
since.  On another box which has a similar mix of spamd,clamav,
sendmail, no issues at all.

         ---Mike