Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:22:07 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@jroberson.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mbuf revision, testers/comments wanted.

Jeff Roberson wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>> ascii art too if needed...
>>
>> Also some diagrams in any form you want would be nice..
>> all that about 1000 words and a picture is true.
>
> I'll have to see about that.  Any suggestions similar to visio for unix?
> I guess graphviz can also do datastructure diagrams but I have not used
> it for this before.  I'll check it out but if you have other suggestions
> it's welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

This is the stuff of religious wars, but for simplicity, I'm partial
to TGIF.

It's an old X app that is therefore small. It allows you to link
objects with line sand then move them around and it compiles
and runs on everything on the planet.

it can export in lots of formats and I find it pretty intuitive
once you've gotten around it's few idiosyncracies.

Because it is so small it loads on a modern machine in sub
second time. as opposed to some of the bigger apps that take
20 seconds before you even see the window.
and

"yes, export and print are the same function.. printing is just
exporting to the printer"