Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:54:55 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <chemtechweb@psn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make install failed on XFree86 3.3.3 port

System: FreeBSD 3.1 Stable recent upgrade from 2.2.7
Downloaded the code for XFree86 3.3.3, latest port (make in the
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86 dir).  The make portion went without a
problem.

However, when I did a make install, it stopped with errors.  I have
the output from a script [filename] make install (gzipped) for whom
ever is interested in seeing it (it's about 10K gzipped, 95K normal).
The main errors were in main.o and many tcl***.o files, referring
to many "undefined" calls to tcl and tk-related functions.  I know
I have tcl and tk installed, but not all versions (only the 8.0 and
8.1 versions).  Also, they're in a.out format (was just trying to
upgrade everything to elf).  Nothing in the ports dir mentionning
the necessity for more than what I had, and as I said, make went
without a problem.

Any ideas/clues/links to info?

Thanks,

Manu