Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 08:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        sbirdy <sbirdy@netvigator.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail problem with DNS & mail server in same machine

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, sbirdy wrote:
> @   IN SOA ns1.test.com. billy.ns1.test.com. (
>                        980528  ; Serial
>                        10800 ; Refresh after 3 hours
>                        3600 ; Retry after 1 hour
>                        604800 ; Expire after 1 week
>                        86400 ) ; Minimum TTL of 1 day
>
>                       IN NS ns1.test.com.
>                       IN MX 0 ns1.test.com.
>
> localhost    IN A 127.0.0.1
> sbirdy        IN A 202.82.3.197
>
> loghost       IN CNAME ns1
> www         IN CNAME ns1

The only way I can see this zone file working is if your named.boot
has the primary line set like

    primary ns1.test.com db.test.com

If this is the case then change the primary line to

    primary test.com db.test.com

and add to your zone file

    ns1    IN A 202.82.3.197

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, a California corporation        dan@dpcsys.com