Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:57:26 -0400
From:      "Generic Player" <generic@unitedtamers.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re: BSD

> I would suggest a trip to the book store and pick up a copy
>of "Unix for Dummies" or "Teach Yourself Unix" or "Understanding
>Unix". Unix commands, by and large, tend to be terse, a legacy
>of the early days of teletypes. Unix also happens to be a multi-
>user operation system, so there are artifacts to that that NT and
>Windoze in general simply do not have.

I realize alot of people cling to the "M$ sux d00d" line of thinking, but NT
and windows aren't the same, and NT is an inherently multi-user OS.  The
concepts of users, groups, and permissions apply the same to NT as they do
to Unix.  It doesn't further BSD any when every comment about it has to bash
MS.  I think FreeBSD is a pretty good OS, don't you?  Good enough to stand
on its own merits I'd say.

Generic Player