Date:      24 Aug 2002 17:25:15 -0400
From:      Phillip Neumann <phillip@chile.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   using drivers?  (serial io)

Hello

ive notice there is sio:
   "sio - fast interrupt driven asynchronous serial com interface"

the way to use these is via /dev/ttyd0 right?

so, ive got a program in C proggy that when it gets a SIGUSR1, it reads
the device node.

now, im missing the part made by the kernel. i wish to make it generate
a signal to my user-proccess when it got interrupt from the serial
(irq4).

is this possible?..   any tips or docs?

ive been asking in irc and ppl told me to use poll() or select(), but i
really wish to use interrupts.

i.e. in DOS, i could directly config the rs232 control regiters, and use
setvect.

thanks in advance...