Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:24:41 +0100
From:      Andreas Killaitis <andreas@killaitis.net>
To:        "Govindarajan, Sing" <Sing.Govindarajan@us.fujitsu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I have question about Freebsd-database

Am 20.12.2006 um 23:22 schrieb Govindarajan, Sing:

> I am trying to find some information about Freebsd.
>
> is it a database or operating system?
> I see lot of documents for operating system, but I don't see any
> document for freebsd database.

FreeBSD is an operating system on which you can run different
database systems like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or such. If I'm not
wrong this mailing list covers questions related to databases running
on FreeBSD systems, like "Does Oracle 10 run faster on FreeBSD 6-
STABLE or on FreeBSD 7-CURRENT on my Octo-Core server.

A. Killaitis