Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2023 09:34:51 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems on new -current install with pkg/ssl

--C2UJeatT75R+Edd8

On Sun, Jul 09, 2023 at 05:17:38PM +0100, void wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On a fresh 14-current install (main-n263444-653738e895ba) I try to use pkg
> for anything and this error
> happens:
>=20
> # pkg install doas
> The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
> Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:14:amd64/latest=
, please wait...
> Verifying signature with trusted certificate pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301..=
=2E done
> Installing pkg-1.19.2...
> Newer FreeBSD version for package pkg:
> To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=3Dyes
> - package: 1400092
> - running kernel: 1400090

That's warning you that the "pkg" version you're selecting is for
FreeBSD 14 with a "FreeBSD version" of 1400092, but what you're running
is at "1400090".

> Ignore the mismatch and continue? [y/N]: y
> Extracting pkg-1.19.2: 100%
> ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libssl.so.30" not found, required by "pkg"

So your FreeBSD installtion appears to have been from before the import
of OpenSSL 3, while the "pkg" you just installed requires OpenSSL 3.

> How can I fix?

Either upgrade your FreeBSD installation to some point after the OpenSSL
3 import -- here's the src/UPDATING entry:

20230623:
        OpenSSL has been updated to version 3.0, including changes througho=
ut
        the base system.  It is important to rebuild third-party software
        after upgrading.

The commit was at main-n263775-b077aed33b7b, but there was a bit
of "turbulence"for a few days after that, so I suggest updating to
something more recent.  (My latest successful was
main-n264066-e64780fbc394, FWIW.)

Or downgrade to an older "pkg".  In your position, I'd do the former.

Peace,
david
--=20
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
"Putin supports any set of ideas to end the conflict,=E2=80=9D -- Dmitry Pe=
skov
Putin is the source of the conflict.  Remove the source; end of conflict.

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

--C2UJeatT75R+Edd8

--C2UJeatT75R+Edd8--